When damage or leaks develop, the simplest and most effective remedy is to seal the area with a self-adhesive tape designed to repair roof leaks.
4EvaSeal® Tapes are one-step, easy to use products available with a wide variety of backings. These products have the most aggressive elastomeric polymer adhesive on the market today. Once installed they are impermeable to water and water vapor. The elastomeric polymer adhesive is pressure sensitive and bonds permanently to most materials. 4EvaSeal® provides a permanent seal when installed correctly.
The easiest solution for quick, easy single-ply roof repairs
Single-ply roof membranes are plastic or rubber roofing materials that consist of one thin layer of material. The most common types of single-ply roof membranes are EPDM rubber roof membranes, PVC roof membranes, and TPO roof membranes. These roofs can vary in thickness from 40 mils to 80 mils (1/16” +/-).
These roofing materials are susceptible to punctures, tears, and other damage. It is also common for seams and penetrations to leak when they are not detailed properly. When damage or leaks develop, the simplest and most effective remedy is to seal the area with a self-adhesive tape designed to repair roof leaks.
Self-adhesive materials bond to the roof system with greater force in warmer temperatures. If repairs are needed in cold weather, be prepared to heat the surface and the tape with a hair dryer or heat gun. Heat should be applied when making repairs below 50°F and MUST be used making repairs below 32°F.
Follow these simple steps to repair your roof with a waterproofing tape:
- Using the cleaner or detergent, scrub the area that requires repair. Clean well beyond the repair margins to assure all surfaces are clean and to prevent contamination from making its way to the area that will receive the waterproofing tape. Use clean fresh water to remove any soapy residue after cleaning is complete. Allow the area to dry completely.
- Measure and cut the waterproofing tape to size. The tape should extend beyond the hole, tear, seam, etc., a minimum of two to four inches in all directions.
- Wipe with solvent the surface using clean dry rags dampened with xylene, MEK, or acetone. Allow the solvent to flash off (dry).
- Remove the release liner from the adhesive side of the tape and carefully install the tape. There MUST BE NO WRINKLES in the tape. Wrinkles are pathways for water and should not be present.
- Using the roller, apply firm pressure and roll over the tape several times in different directions (north/south, east/west) to assure that the tape has made good contact with the roof. A small amount of adhesive should squeeze out from the edges when proper pressure is applied.
Note: If the repair is being made in cold weather, use the hair dryer or heat gun to warm the tape and the surface during steps 4 and 5.
It is always recommended that you test the bond strength of the repair. Follow the instructions from the following blog to learn how to test adhesion on your project. Read blog here.
We will be attending the IRE expo show in Nashville, TN. Stop by our booth 302 to learn more how 4EvaSeal products can help your projects.
If you are visiting the @RoofingExpo in Nashville, stop by our booth 302 to learn about our roofing products & solutions. #IRE #RoofingProjects.— CIM Industries (@CIM_Industries) February 5, 2019
For more information visit 👉https://t.co/MRJYGn8Z8M pic.twitter.com/Q7r8nbqdqm